Kate E. Payton, a native of Hart County, Kentucky, graduated from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law in 2015. While in law school, Kate participated in the Innocence Project and multiple externships with the Department of Public Advocacy. Kate also worked as a law clerk for Broderick and Davenport, PLLC while in law school.
Kate was admitted to the Kentucky Bar Association in October of 2015. Immediately following, she returned to Broderick and Davenport, PLLC to begin her legal career.
Kate received her undergraduate degree, a B.A. in Political Science, from Western Kentucky University in 2011.
Kate lives in Bowling Green with her husband and son.
- Broderick & Davenport, PLLC, Associate Attorney, November 2015 – Present
- Department of Public Advocacy – Bullitt County Trial Branch, Extern, 2014 – 2015
- Kentucky Innocence Project, Extern, 2013 – 2014.
- Department of Public Advocacy – Hardin County Trial Branch, Extern, July 2013
- Kentucky Bar, 2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, 2015 – present
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2015 – present
- Kentucky Young Lawyers Association, 2015 – present
Educations & Qualifications
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2015
- Western Kentucky University, B.A. Political Science and Criminology